14 November 2011

eskimo ice cream




And then, there's this...  "Akutaq" (link)
or "Agutuk" (link)
Eskimo Ice Cream


Take some berries

All kinds, any kind...


I soaked these cranberries in splenda and orange extract -
They were just right!

Mix it with Salmon (one can, drained)
This was a small can of Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon.
You could also use a pouch of salmon.

Recipe calls for seal oil. 
Turns out, I'm fresh out of seal oil.
So I used butter.
Half a stick. But it could have used more!

Behold - Eskimo Ice Cream!
It was good - really good!
I love it so much, I asked for it on my birthday - instead of cake!


A lovely flower to go with !!!

3 comments:

  1. This is something that doesn't quite appeal to me. I don't know how that combination would work but if you say it was good I will trust you. I might get brave and try it once I am stocked on primarian foods in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG! Not a very popular post!
    Pity.
    It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my Akutaq recipe
    -Crisco
    -Potato Flakes
    -Sugar
    -Tundra berries or store baught

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!