14 October 2011

foam roller review

Now, I am not an expert in anything....
Just a fattie in a middle-aged crisis,
who lost some weight with LoCarb,
and now needs to move my butt.
Having said that - here's my take on foam rollers.
Kind of a Peer Review thing.
This is a white one - the softest kind...
But not always!
Back In The Day, foam rollers were
color coded. The Canadian ones were
"colour" coded, eh?

The blue ones are medium...
And the black ones are the hardest...
But not always!
So be aware when shopping for one.

Also be sure to get the long one 36"
(3 feet long.) The shorter ones are too short!
As your skills increase, so will your use of the foam roller.
It's a great tool that you really never out grow.

Just google Foam Rollers or Amazon...
You'll get thousands of hits.
I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods. 
None too cheap - $30 to $50....
But you get to see what you buy,
AND you get it without waiting...

Here's a link (click) for some ways 
to use the Mighty, Awesome Foam Roller!

What kind of device maybe NOT to get:
These are half foam rollers...
Which means they will not roll....
Not really the best idea -
Cuz the idea is to roll over them.
Or lay on them and balance....
No core work out when one side is flat!

And while these are technically foam rollers..
I'm not sure how much help they would be!

Unless they are for Mr Jingles - and his awesome workout
after the Mousie Circus!

Hope this helps!

9 comments:

  1. Tanks, Anne!
    I do for-a-fact use deese here rallahs - for after I woiks out...
    Starrin' in da Mousie Cio-cus!
    *squeek!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, what type of exercises do you do with these rollers? I'm going to have to check it out since I can't do any running, biking, hiking, walking, lunges, squats and whatever else invovles a stupid calf muscle that's tore and being mean to me.
    I hope you have a great weekend. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, can I steal the failure picture? I want to do a post and that is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - Yes! I made that picture....
    and I would be happy for you to share it!
    Thanks

    Mr Jingles- thanks for the update!
    Try to stay out of trouble! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne I did take your advise and I got a long blue one. It was easier today than yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I have a harder black one, too....
    But my trainer said to keep it -
    cuz sooner or later I will work up into that one, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for enlightening us...I was the anon person who asked about the rollers. Ordering one from Amazon now!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!