02 July 2011

foam roller

This is a Foam Roller.
It comes from Hades.
Devil

Sit on it (try not to fall)
 Embarrased smile

And lay on your back. Support your whole spine.
This is good for Marches - one leg up at a time...
Core stuff... Balance.
This is a CrossFit move!

You can use zee Foam Roller like this - against a wall -
For your back and shoulders.

Tennis Balls work as well...

You can use the Foam Roller on your side.
It feels sooooo good!
Winking smile

Or your back side
 Be right back

They are a great way to warm up or cool down.
They are good for getting out knots and soreness from
your hard working muskels!

Alot of stores have them -
$20 + range. Mine is a little short.
And is the softest.

Are you having a great day?

13 comments:

  1. :*(
    These look like "before" pictures.
    Can't wait to see the "afters!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do something similar at yoga...we roll up an extra mat and then flop out on it. Hurts while you are on it, but you feel great when you roll off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my foam roller...and haven't used it in a while. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my foam roller. It really helps get those knots out of places I didn't know I could get knots! (ie, my inner thigh/hip)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know about the tennis ball on the back but haven't done it in a long time. I wonder if it would help my posture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They assigned this move to me, for my posture -
    and rotator cuff injury! And frozen shoulder syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still not sure I get it.
    Do you roll around on it? Or just lie on it and balance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. First one, then the other!
    Or visa versa! (indeed!)

    It's a multi-tasking tool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get back to jump roping but ... well I leak a little when I jump. Maybe now lesser weight it won't happen.
    Never tried the foam rollers or tennis balls. Sounds like an intersesting work out. I do wish my gym had things like this in the later evenings.
    Take care Anne and have a blessed and awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must.look.for.one.of.those :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever since you've been talking about posture, I've been noticing mine is awful! Working on it, working on it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a tennis ball for just this purpose. Works wonders on stiff muscles.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!