11 August 2010

hotel calorie - fornia

On a dark dessert highway, Coolwhip in my hair
Warm smell of burritos rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering delight
My hips grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for a bite


There she stood blocking the doorway, I heard the Taco Bell
And I was thinking to myself  "This could be heaven or this could be hell"
Then she lit up a fat one, and she showed me the weigh
There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say


Welcome to the Hotel Calorie-fornia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Not so much room at the Hotel Calorie-fornia
Any size you wear, you can find it here...


Her mind is curly-fry twisted, she got the love handle bends
She got alot of pretty skinny boys that she calls friends.
How do they dance in the courtyard? Aerobic sweat -
Some eat to remember, some eat to forget...


...Mirrors on the ceiling, pink ice cream on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device!"
And in the kitchen chambers, they gathered for the McFeast
They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast...





...You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!


YouTube Video
Acoustic Version
Eagles
Hotel California


*...and of course, all the usual comparisons and apologies!*

14 comments:

  1. I just checked in with my two friends Ben and Jerry...once again a prisoner of my own device(cream).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was Tom and Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that song so much. oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@Tom and Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite songs. you are so talented. love it as always. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always uplifts me to come here, I am still smiling......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. buttttttt
    how did you know i had taco bell today?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be singing this song all night!
    Nice job on the lyrics Anne.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incorporating sensimillia into this poetry was priceless.. Time to fire up..

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAH needed that laugh this morning. Fave line: "Her mind is curly-fry twisted, she got the love handle bends
    She got alot of pretty skinny boys that she calls friends."
    Oh yeah, Ive been that girl! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh - that was beyond good, Anne ... thanks for the chuckle!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!