21 March 2012

carb spotting




Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. 
Choose a freaking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, treadmills and tins of tuna. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose high-fat low-carb. Choose a steak. Choose your friends. Chose cauliflower. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of flattering fatty fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth.  Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. 
Who needs reasons when you've got junk food?

8 comments:

  1. With all the nods and fontleroys to the awesome movie Trainspotting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an AWESOME flick!!!

    I am choosing life and health...and joy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've linked to this on my blog, Anne. I hope you don't mind! This is such an awesome rant and just what I needed to help my flagging motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE it!
      The original is from the movie Trainspotting....
      Here's the link:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naf_WiEb9Qs

      Delete
    2. Yes, I know - love that movie! Remind me to watch it again sometime.

      Delete
  4. You are sooooo good at this Anne. YOu knocked this one out of the park, err, um... movie theater.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... don't *I* feel like a neanderthal.

    I was all set to try to encourage you from your obvious funk... and saw the link to that movie clip. Duh... I never saw the movie, so didn't get the connection. I'll just take everyone's word for it how witty this post is. Not hard, since you usually ARE witty and clever with these things, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!