27 June 2011

lab results!

Yummmy!
I was having my usual breakfast of bacon and eggs with cheese....
When the phone rang.
It was my P.A. calling with the lab values of last week's Lipid Profile!

Keep in mind - I am the renegade here.... I never did my "before" test,
So I don't have anything to compare these values to.
But, with my body measurements (2 years ago) being:
 48-42-48 ..... (and I am only 62 inches tall)
My blood work might not have been quote - unquote ideal!

HDL = 116     
LDL = 150      
Triglycerides = 46




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
And here are the ratios:

Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 2.37  
(preferably under 5.0, ideally under 3.5) IDEAL

HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.773 
(preferably over 0.3, ideally over 0.4) IDEAL


Triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.388 
(preferably under 4, ideally under 2) IDEAL

Blood pressure - 110/70
Resting pulse 60-70 bpm
Fasting blood sugars in the 90 - 100 range.
Postprandial in the 100 - 110 range.
And no, I am not Diabetic... 
Never diagnosed, at least!


Oh, yeah, and I'm 50, by the way
I keep forgetting that little fact!

Total cholesterol is a little high... at 275.
But that's just cuz the HDL is soooooo high!
Total cholesterol is [hdl + ldl] + [triglycerides x .20]

LDL a little high... normal is under 130.

And my P.A. (who lost weight on Atkins)
is not worried at all about the numbers!
Onward and downward!
(And no, I don't have my gallbladder!)


Join me for lunch?
Bacon Double Cheezeburger -
Maybe hold the cheese!

20 comments:

  1. That is one high HDL number!!! Wowza. My doc likes my LDL below 100 and last time my wasn't so I'm curious to see if it changed when I get my bloodwork done again next month. I've been on a statin for years. Familial high cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - a little high!
    He said I might live forever...
    *sigh*
    Nonetheless, I am pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ate all the meat you eat, my total would be over 1000! Some things in life are just not fair. (Sigh.) Anyway, great news. You're doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    I LOVE LC!
    And it might just love me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the Iranian Equation - works better when the Tri's are less than 100. Inputting your #'s gives a 'true' LDL of 112. Take a peek at this article:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4723.html
    Also - since there's both good and bad LDL, it's good to know the difference/get a test that will determine what yours is, or use the Iranian Equation. You can already tell from your ratios that you are rocking it. Don't sweat the total CHO. There's so much more to the heart disease picture. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am beaming from ear to ear!
    I actually clapped my hand together, in sheer delight -
    when I clicked the link!
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triglycerides at 46?!! Wow. And I thought my 103 was good. Great numbers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ann for sharing this. I had read that Gary Taubes results were done by a quack doctor and then I lost faith. Like was he hiding something? Then I have some life stress going on and so after the Fat Fast...I was seriously scared that I was secretly killing myself with fat. After this breakfast of eggs in butter with a slice of turkey pastrami on top...I am back in the Low carb game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done like 5 Fat Fasts....
    Several Protein Fasts....
    And even some "real" fasting- and intermittent fasting!

    I just LOVED the way I felt on the Fat Fast.
    Come to think of it, I think I'll go eat some butter.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ideal numbers for a wonderful tripper. So glad for you. I hope to have as good numbers by year's end. :D

    Happy new week...muah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is STELLAR!!! It wouldve been awesome to see the before numbers but as you pointed out, they were prolly not quote-unquote ideal! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, Anne! You're doing something right. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please for the love of all that is holy, Anne, eat a Fiber1 bar. You're killing yourself! :D
    Joking of course.

    I bet you're big and fluffy on the inside which is a very good thing when it comes to cholesterol.
    Big and fluffy on the inside. Lean and mean (well not *mean*) on the outside!
    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you Anne, I have to admit I don't know too much about this stuff but I am a learnin. Thanks for your kind comment Anne...I learned portion control in the hospital....and all is great. Keep up all your effort, you inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got it goin on! Keep up the good work. It's a little high. Thanks for your comment. It's looking less like a big pile of crap every day!

    IWe can do hard things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I bought "fresh" butter today :)
    Congrats on the very nice stats!! You rock

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know Anne, your meals sound awesome. I am such a meat lover. Keep up the great work. My numbers were pretty good too except my thyroid, rechecking that in a couple of months.
    Take care Anne and have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My HDL is really high and my triglycerides really low (39), so my doc was not at all concerned that my LDL was 120. Plus, unless you get the differentiation of what type of LDL you have, it's only a number.

    Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!