20 November 2012

labs




This is what a healthy LoCarb Lab Profile looks like.
And believe me, I am not even trying at this point.

You can compare them to earlier labs 
here (linkand here (link)... if you wish....

PATIENT AGE: 052 (me!)
Tests done: CMB c Lipids and Ha1C

Glucose 81(65-99)
BUN 17 (6-24)
Creatinine 0.66(0.57-1.00)
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 26  (9-23)
(A little high, but the numbers themselves 
are so low, it does not matter)

Sodium 138 (134-144)
Potassium 4.1 (3.5-5.2)
Chloride 101 (97-108)
Carbon Dioxide 23 (20-32)
Calcium 8.9 (8.7-10.2)
Protein, Total 7.1   (6.0-8.5)
Albumin 4.3 (3.5-5.5)
Globulin 2.8 (1.5-4.5)
A/G Ratio 1.5 (1.1-2.5)
Bilirubin, Total 0.6 (0.0-1.2)
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 41 (25-150)
AST (SGOT) 19 (0-40)
ALT (SGPT) 18 (0-32)
(Those 2 numbers represent liver function)

Cholesterol 244 (100-199)
Triglycerides 59 (0-149)
HDL Cholesterol 119 (>39)
VLDL Cholesterol 12 (5-40)
LDL Cholesterol 113  (0-99)

Hemoglobin A1c 5.2 % (4.8-5.6)
Estim. Avg Glu (eAG) 103 mg/dL
(Down from last time @ 5.7!)


I did not do the VAP this time because I saw no need.

The total cholesterol is high, a little, 
but only because the HDL is soooo high - again!
LDL is up a bit, but the VLDL is in line, 
and again, I am not worried in the least!

The Triglycerides are great - despite the fructose 
I might have picked up in some recent bottles of wine!

Over all, the low PUFA diet 
AND LoCarb left me with little to eat but meat... Zero Carb...
and that might be ok, but it is none too handy.
So I guess you would call my diet Very LoCarb with moderate pufa.
I still watch PUFA's, but I don't try to keep it @ 4% anymore.
Too restricting! (Might be 10% but not more than that!)

Over all I am very happy! I got my blood work done at Direct Labs
In most states you do not need a Doctor's office visit, or Doctor's order.
Save some ca$h! Both tests were like $60 altogether.
















I have no worries! 
Happy Labs to Everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Almost forgot to mention
    B/P 110 / 60 most days....
    Pulse 60- 80
    Weight.... up 10 pounds....
    that is do-able....
    wait and watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news. This oughta quiet any skeptics out there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's impressive. Great stats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are scary with all your numbers. Getting ready to get back on the low carb train. I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving and then jump on. Lots of good protein leftovers after Thanksgiving. I always do a turkey and a ham and use it for lunches for several days after. Dail is coming for dinner. He isn't close to his family and he feels more comfortable with ours in spite of everything. I can't turn him away. I still love the bastard. Doesn't that suck?
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It is really good to see you there. I will look for you on Facebook too. I'm just finally getting to the place where I can blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Karen! Not meaning to be scary! Just informative....
      You are right - this is a great time to get on board....
      TONS of protein left-overs!
      Hope you have a great TGiving!

      Delete
  5. These numbers with all those arterycloggingsaturated fats and no healthywholegrains?????? Surely you jest. ?lol, wtg !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND no kidneys asploded - I didn't die - and my heart didn't go *boom!*
      :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Fabulously healthy you.

    I'd be exceedingly happy to copy cat your labs.

    Happy for you ... in spite of unwanted pounds.

    You will deal to them because you can.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friedewald (1972) Formula: LDL = TC - HDL - TG/5.0 (mg/dL)
    My LDL here is 113.2

    "Iranian" (2008) Formula: LDL = TC/1.19 + TG/1.9 – HDL/1.1 – 38 (mg/dL)
    My LDL here is 89.9

    Must be all that good saturated fat I eat every day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!