22 October 2022

think about it


Cleaned off the bed
After I cleaned out the closet…
The cats shed so much I have to keep
A cover on the covers- just for them. 


My mother used to joke:
“Never clean a window ledge”
Because then you’ll have to find
 a place for all the junk you moved.
 And you’ll end up cleaning 
the whole house. True story! 

I put these plastic color tiles up,
To keep people on the patio from 
Looking in my windows. 
 They’re also “Bullet - Resistant.”
But not quite bullet proof. 
Helps dampen sound, too. 
And it makes a pretty light. 


I’m not a member of the 
“Make Your Bed If You
Want To Be Successful” Club. 
I think that’s what parents tell kids
To get them to make their bed. 

After I had COVID, 
I have night sweats, and not 
Making the bed is better. 

Also, I’m not in love with 
The look of a made-up bed. 
I’m in love with what’s inside. 
That’s where the magic happens. 
Lol - SLEEP!


Shoes under the bed trick. 
I don’t like to wear the same shoes 
Two days in a row. (Army trick.)
After this year, my feet grew
Or my arches collapsed (!)
I started as a 6 1/2. Then 7. Then 8.  
Now it’s a 9. So new shoes all around. 


Allow me to show you a picture 
Of my pride and joy! 
Deep, healing, tranquil, 
Elysian Peace- aka sleep! 
For years, Sleep and I were Estranged. 
But I gave up my Wine habit
And Viola! - she’s back. 


Double this amount. 
I didn’t wear a watch yesterday. 


I helped in the yard yesterday 
And was on my feet 5 hours 
Working and cleaning the house. 


Sardines. For the cats. 
I feed raw chicken or pork,
and in between I usually give them 
Salmon or Sardines. 
They need Omega 3.  


In N Out
Double Double, Animal Style
Protein Style. 


I’m generally in a good mood. 
Whenever I feel bad about myself,
Which isn’t often, but the stress
Does like to pile up…
I like to go back through my blog
And find a pattern or habit. 
Then with brutal honesty,
Decide if it’s good for me, or not. 

My claim to fame this week
Is that I haven’t fluctuated
(More than a few pounds) 
Since 2017 and before. 
But the past few years were DOOZIES! 

Broken Knee, moving, 
Crazy housemates, crazy nurses,
Crazy “Ghost of Reagan” Presidency. 
COVID. Lockdown. Inflation. 
Plus actually having COVID,
Plus I had a bad reaction 
To the vaccine- and landed in the hospital. 



I can look back and know I did. OK! 


Clean car. 
I don’t care about a made up bed. 
I don’t care about a dish in the sink. 
I DO care about a clean car. 
Odd. Cus I’m a repeat offender! 

Well- back to work now. 
I had my 2 days off. 
In a row. Pure bliss. 
5 days on… rinse and repeat. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!