25 October 2022

not like this


Happy Diwali
From the city of Irving, Tx. 
Irving also is home to Valley Ranch,
And Los Colinas 


Irving is strange. In a good way. 
They used to accommodate 
The Dallas Cowboys practice. 
It was the best way to get to the airport. 
Pilots and famous people lived here. 
Now it’s a culturally diverse landscape. 
Crazy shopping for sure. 
Lots of Beto signs in lots of yards. 


First cold snap of the year. 
50° is cold here. 
Many  people here don’t even own a coat. 


Kinda rainy and dark. 
And cool. And windy. 


Egg Bites. 


Caesar Salad. 


Almost called 911 last night. 
I was sick sick sick. 
It was like the hiatal hernia 
Slipped and it hurt like crazy. 
Throwing up all kinds of blood. 
And I couldn’t lay down. 
I was fine if I sat up. 
Something positional going on. 



Since July with this COVID
Absolutely nothing tastes good. 
The texture of even this salad
Was like eating plastic. 
I even spit out a bite to see
If it really *was* plastic. 

All food tastes like metal. 
It tastes like licking a battery
After you licked an old ashtray. 
I have my sense of smell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!