12 October 2022

final countdown


When someone tries to 
Come in your room 
In the middle of the night
With a hammer- I reckon
You best be on your way 


Fast asleep until that blip!
11:30 the shit hit the fan. 


Double check. 
Run ideas past a trusted friend. 
Be confident you’re not part of the problem. 
Then stand your ground. 

I’m not deserving of screaming
Obscenities at midnight - 
No matter what you say I did. 
Calm your ass down and talk
To me like an adult. 
Not a parent to a child. 
Not a scolding. Not a rage attack. 
Talk adult to adult. 




















It’s amazing how fast I’ll cut ties
With someone who likes
To threaten my mental health. 


Especially if you’ve shown me 
your dark side before. 
You choose to wallow in filth;
I choose to walk away and let you. 







So it’s a good day here in Mudville. 
Eventually even the Mighty Casey
Can strike out. Watch. 

I won’t sidetrack my retirement. 
I won’t sidetrack my diet. 
I won’t give away my health and sobriety. 
Not for some asshole. 

I had a blogging friend back in 2009. 
Well, tragically, she died.
 (Car wreck- not disease related.)
But before she did, we talked. 
She had a dog that she changed
All her plans for.  Excuses? 

I won’t stop and I won’t 
Fall apart. No matter what. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!