09 March 2022

low carb through the years


Low Carb done right
-More or less-
Through the years. 
The Body Shot. 


With most diets having 
A 95% failure rate- 
I’m glad for Atkins,
And Fasting. 

I’m not a celebrity. 
Not an Influencer. 
No affiliates, no sponsors,
No books, podcasts, or paid coaching. 
I’ve never made any money 
from Low Carb or blogging. 
I’m just a Fatty who found relief 
From Obesity and Diabetes 
From daily control of what I eat 
And how I move my body. 
It’s as easy as we make it!
And it’s never been known to fail. 


The Face Shots of the same years. 


Some crazy hair as well. 
“My” baby loved to tug and play
With my blonde bangs. 
I grew it longer for her. -
And just to see if I liked it better. 


Health is wealth! 
Cherish it every day! 


Anne H here! 
My Carb Tripper Blog
And LC weight loss journey 
Has been a daily part of my life
Since March, 2009. 
That’s 13 years! 
I take it very seriously. 
It’s what keeps me strong and healthy. 

I’m going on 62, and take no prescription meds. 
I work full time as a Nurse. 
Not slowing down yet! 


My Induction Story:
13 years ago this week, 
I went to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard,
3 times in 2 days. 
The clerk said “See ya tomorrow!”
And I answered ”No. you won’t.”


I went on vacation, 
not even thinking about dieting
And certainly not thinking about low carb. 
 But on the way home,
I proceeded to get myself 
Stuck in the Grand Canyon -North Rim
For close to 3 weeks total! 
I was in a cute little fishing lodge
That became my second home. 

Looks like I got my”Blizzard “ after all! 


There was no food- no electricity-
Just hard boiled eggs and snow to eat. 
The Interstates were closed 
Due to a late spring snow storm! 

I had some Muscle Milk and pistachios
That I packed for the trip. 
When I made it home,
I had lost 20 pounds 
My friends thought I had gone to a Fat Camp!
Or had a secret Lap Band. 
No and no! 
Just old fashioned Ketosis! 
A dear friend said 
“You just went through Atkins Induction!
 Keep on and see what happens!”

I wore a 3x scrub, 48 jeans. 
I weighed over 230 pounds. 
I didn’t get an accurate starting weight. 
But they didn’t let me ride the Mules
Because I was more than 230. 


I go back to the little lodge 
As often as I can. I’m grateful 
The Universe landed me there 
That fateful day. 

I love to hike and drive 
So I made this blog and called 
“Carb Tripper.”
Like the Beatles “Day Tripper.”
I’ve always got a good reason 
For taking the easy way out. 

I try to be transparent and accountable. 
I post my meals, my face,
And full body shots. 
I post labs- good and bad-
And weight loss numbers and maintenance. 
All things considered-
I’ve done OK! 

There will always be setbacks. 
Up 20 pounds- down 20 pounds…
I’ve had a broken knee 
(With torn ACL, MCL, meniscus)
Ulcers from the Advil I took. 
(I take CBD now for the pain)
Tons of wine. 
(I’m completely alcohol free these days!)
I’ve moved a few times. 
Started different jobs. 
Had a breakup with a BFF. 
Lost a few favorite little friends. 

I’ve worked through COVID 
2 years, and almost died
After the vaccine. 
(I’m still glad I got the jab!)
They think I had COVID 
before it even had a name. (12/19)

If anyone wants to lose weight, 
keep it off forever,
Age backwards (I’m 62 this year)
And just in general thrive-
Maybe give Atkins a try! 
This blog is dedicated to him. 

Thanks to everyone who came along with me
On this Journey of a lifetime! 
Here’s to 13 more years!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you post every day, I read every day. I love that you've stuck to it through thick and thin, tweaking and figuring along the way. You are very inspirational, Anne H., and thank you sincerely for being so real!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  2. Della- thank you so much! It means the world to me. Onward and Downward!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!