19 August 2022

early day


Such a pretty sky 








I stopped to take this picture 
And the whole place smelled 
Like old donuts. 


This Shooting brings 
all the boys to the yard. 
I have one little passage way
That’s kinda scary- going home. 
Dead bodies in the street,
Panhandling, people acting crazy…
One guy jumped over my car
While I was driving. 
Lots of homeless people 
Laying so you have to 
Literally walk over them. 
Might be time for a new route home. 


I didn’t order this. WTH?
God please don’t let this be 
Someone’s jizz. 
Time to stop getting hamburgers 
On the way home. 
Time for weekly meal prep again. 
Almost every time I get something,
It’s the wrong thing. I’m done. 


On Thursdays I go to bed ASAP 
Because Friday traffic is always heavy. 
Without traffic, it’s a 25 minute trip. 
With traffic- an hour is common. 
Or more. 

Getting there. 


I can’t do this all on my own. 
I’m no Superman! 
Laundry, cleaning, scheduling, 
Deep cleaning, putting away supplies, 
Transport to appointments,
Transcribing, picking up meds…
 I’ve just now started
To get help from the other nurses. 
My new rule is this:
There’s like 6 able-bodied people
Attending to this case. 
It’s crazy to just sit there 
When I am literally working 
My little butt off. Nay nay! 
Play nice or go somewhere else. 
I’m putting my foot down. 

Going viral takes on a new meaning!
Off to the doctor for my case. 
This feels like Autumn…
Back to school, rainy days,
New schedules, homework…
And now the world is opening up! 
My Broadway housemate 
Is going back on tour! Yay! 
Kids are back in brick schools. 
Back to a new normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!