12 August 2022

another day


Remember this from Junior High? 
Well… this is how I lived my life
Up till the pandemic. 

I already know the end. 
So I never had this burning passion
To accomplish great things. 
I chose to live a simple life. 

Now I kinda wish I had 
some of those trinkets and shiny things 
that everyone else has. 

I’m working on understanding 
My ego. Why do I think 
I would be better off with 
More trinkets and shiny things? 
It’s causing crazy cognitive dissonance. 

There’s some fundamental belief 
I need to root out. 
Something I thought was one way- 
But now I am finding out 
It’s not that way at all. 


Another nurse asked me 
If I had any great epiphany 
During my sick time with COVID. 
Apparently, this virus makes you think. 


Maybe that’s a good thing. 
We’ve witnessed a global shit show. 
One good thing is that 
we don’t have to wake up every day 
and check our phones to see if 
World War 3 had broken out overnight. 
Amen for that. 


This hurts so bad. 
It hurt in Austin in July. 
I thought maybe I walked too much,
Or landed wrong and sprained it. 
But now I can be rely walk. 
It hurts like a knife. 


Gradually doing more and more. 
Coming back after COVID. 


And I did t even have a bad case of it. 
Bad enough.  
My main symptom is fatigue. 


Call in 3 months time 
and I’ll be fine, I know…
Well, maybe not that fine
But I’ll survive, anyhow…

I have been questioning everything. 
Our government is crazy
 no matter who you vote for. 
People are kinda crazy, too. 
And often very mean. 
It took me 60 years to figure this out. 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, our government is crazy, and people are too. I'm sorry you are so worn out, Covid just wrings you out. Your work doesn't help, the long hours...ugh. I think you made a good choice to live a simple life, I don't thinks the trinkets are worth striving for, which is easy for me to say, ha, because I don't have any either. It's a bummer about your foot hurting like that, no fair, you eat right and try so hard to do everything right, dang. I hope it gets better, and that you somehow get rested up...(I do think that Covid causes some degree of depression, wouldn't be surprised, so hang in there, it'll get better!)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!