10 October 2021

what?


Don’t ya hate it when 
you sleep about an hour 
before the alarms goes off? 


Upping my game 
Again. Beast mode. 


What I ate. 


Also Keto Ice Cream. 
Chocolate is lost on me. 
I can tolerate it
But I’m not crazy about it
In the least. 
Even when I was heavy, 
I never craved it. 
After my NDE experience,
That is. I woke up free from it. 


This is a normal meal
For a family member 
Where I work. 
OJ, Rice, Yogurt, Veggies,
And Halal Meat as a condiment. 


My promise is that 
When I cross the threshold of a home,
I prepare myself to work. 
To give of myself and put the patient first. 
I finally am back to that. 


Late night cat food run. 
It’s dark by the time I get home now. 


Home made Vanilla 
With Madagascar Beans
And Vodka. 
I’ve had a few samples. 
It’s good. I never took a vow
To never touch alcohol. 
To me, that’s unnecessary 
And misleading. 
This has been in the cabinet for 6 months. 
I’m not a lecherous fiend 
Who sneaks into the pantry
To drink cooking supplies! 


But someone is. 
What’s this? 
This was found right next to the bottle. 
What the hell?


It’s dark, thick, oozy, 
Slightly sweet- yes I tasted it. 
So if I die… tell the cops for me 
Maybe slightly like fish sauce or soy? 
It has the consistency of molasses. 



Almost a year and he still sleeps
On my neck and face. 
Every night. I love this baby! 
He’s such a joy. 


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!