13 October 2021

autumn day


Sleeping cold is the best. 


Found some boxes
But more importantly 


I found the energy to unpack them. 
I found some things I thought I had lost. 


But first, Covefe!
Grrrrr


Autumn is here! 
In North Texas, that usually means nothing. 
We get a week or 2 of cool weather


Usually with rain. 
Most people here don’t own a real coat. 


Keeping true to my goal
Of not messing up my car! 
It’s been like a month! 


The beer did its trick 
And I passed a kidney stone. 
With me, it’s more like sediment. 


Another In-N-Out
Double Double 
Animal Style Protein Style 


When you’re a Home Health Nurse,
You become an Auntie Tia. 
We treat the whole family. 
A few years ago, it was math. 
Then music. Then reading. 
History, now it’s humanities. 
“What is the difference between 
discipline and motivation?”
She picked the right person to ask! 


Motivation is when you want to
Fit into your swim suit. 
Or be in better shape. 
Or relax in a clean room. 
Or save money for a car. 
Discipline is when you make yourself 
Do it even when you don’t feel 
Like doing it.  
More often than not, 
It has to be discipline. 
That’s what makes it happen! 
Hard work when you don’t wanna. 
Resisting the urge to backslide. 
I wish I had learned that
In Middle School! 


I finally have the time and the energy 
To work on some things 
Around the house. 
Amen! 
Must be the cooler weather. 
I don’t feel as though 
I’ve been hit by a truck! 
Yay! 
PS. Covid sucks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!