07 October 2021

back to life


On the days I work 
I need to come home 
And go right to sleep. 
It takes way too long for me to calm down. 
Maybe the blue lights? 


My VO 2 is still low.
But it’s in the above average category! 
I went for a “gentle walk” yesterday.  
Got my steps in. 


Soup N Salad today. 
Ham and Cheese and Italian Dressing 
With old pecans I found in a fridge drawer. 
Not too shabby. 



Looking like a homeless person. 
I don’t really have clothes that fit. 

When I was in Nursing School 
Ghrelin and Leptin  
were not even on the radar. 
Are there other factors
 we have yet to discover 
About maintaining weight loss? 
Or do we just need about 500 calories 
When we’re 60? 


Back to Covefe 
Back to reality. 
Time to clean up and cut losses. 
Give people time to change. 
If they don’t - then simply
Move on. 
And don’t look back. 


I understand that kids will be kids- 
But sometimes they’re just brats. 
Don’t waste your time on them
Unless they’re your kids. 
You’ll end up 10 years older 
With nothing at all to show for your work. 
The system is broken. 
Don’t trade your heart and health
To help some people 
Who hate you and don’t want your help. 


Just do your job, and do a good job. 
And then go home. 
Good advice. 
Learn to accept the things you can’t change. 
It could be a happy lesson. 
But often it is not an easy lesson. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!