09 October 2021

up down all around


Attack the problem. 
Not the person. 
Inflammation and irritation 
Are the problems. 
Simple. Not easy. 


Left the app running when I drove. 
I didn’t put in 16,320 steps that day. 
LOL


I’m very glad to get this right, though. 


And this. 
Look at the high numbers. 
That’s a monthly average 
From when I was sick. 


They have apps for healthy people. 
They need one for people 
To track progress toward wellness. 
Before Atkins, I had A-Fib 
All. The. Time. 


I often had a meal out on Friday. 
I called Fridays “Date Night”
To take back my integrity 
From where I thought I had lost it. 


Well. 
I dropped my beloved hamburger 
On the floorboard. Yuck. 
Stopped and got another but 
Gave it to a homeless gentleman. 
I figured it was meant to be. 


I didn’t lose my integrity. 
Turns out, I had only misplaced it. 
So I found myself again. 
And it wasn’t on the floorboard 
Of my car, upside down, 
Covered with ketchup 
And no buns.  😄


The Great SubDivision
Of Irving Texas. 


Rain is coming. 
See those whisps? 
They go up like mare’s tails. 
They are cirrus clouds. 
They form when the wind changes
Because the temp rises suddenly. 
Usually means rain in the next 48 hours. 
These aren’t fully formed - yet. 


In a perfect world, they would 
 look more like this. From Wikipedia. 
They look like horse tails. 
Hence the name. 

So taking care of medically fragile kids 
Is hard. There is no precedent for this work. 
Many of them have behavioral problems. 
In their mind, they’re just trying 
To figure out why they can’t go play
Or why they’re sick. 
I regained my empathy. 

I think The correlation  
Between what I eat
And how I feel
Is undeniable. 
What junk food is worth
Peace of body and peace of mind? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!