26 July 2023

pink gorilla


AugustHenge is almost upon us 


Off to work. Another day. 


God I am so tired!
I thought my energy level 
Would improve after vacation. 
It did not. 
In fact, its worse. 











Funny. When I first read this,
I thought it said “cat food”
And i was like “Who is going 
To eat cat food?”

JERF
Just Eat Real Food 

Why would anyone mess with this? 
It would hurt people to take away Kratom. 
It would not help. 





Familiar pose 


If God has called you to do a task,
Surely God would tell you what to do
And what to say- and to whom- 
When you do the task. 

Nurses often do not know what to say. 
My housemate got a hold of one of those nurses. 
He didn't know what to say. FNP. 
He had a horrible bedside manner. 
He ended up making her feel bad. 
In fact, crying, anxious and depressed. 
Such damage from a stupid, crass idiot.  

Once Upon A True Story…
It was a dark and stormy nigh
Way back in the early 1990s. 
I just graduated from Nursing School,
and was home from the Gulf War. 

A little old lady and man came in. 
He was actively dying. 
The woman asked of he was going to be ok. 
And I said “Yes- of course he is!”
Because I didn't want to be rude. 
Two wrongs don’t make a right. 
Another Nurse heard what was happening 
And jumped in. “No ma’am. 
He is NOT going to be alright.”

Maybe cosmically. But not physically. 
He died, and I learned what a huge 
Responsibility Nursing is. 
War. Death. Injury. Disease. 
Now deadly Plagues and Quarantine. 

Even here in BlogLand. 
Being a Former Fatty- while huge-
Is not just nice butts and pretty faces. 
Its so real sometimes- 
It stops me in my tracks. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!