17 May 2022

move11




Dad jokes 


Going back to the gym.
I’m ready. 


It will be interesting.


 Up till now I’ve only ever done
ISOMETRIC Weight Training. 
So instead of picking up a weight 
(Extension) 
And curling it (flexion) - 
I did this type of training
Where the joint doesn’t move at all! 
You just push against 
An immovable amount of weight. 
So the muscle fires-
But it doesn’t move. 

It always made me bulk up. 
In fact- too bulky. 
My nursing instructors said
I always looked like an
Off Season Body Builder. 








So I sitting watch TV
With my Best Boy Fergus…


Pepper Poppers with Bacon. 




1/2 a Keto Ice Cream Bar. 
Hit the spot. 


Watching old movie with my cat…
And I got a text reminder. 
Waaaaaay back several months ago, 
I signed up for a program at the VA. 
It’s called MOVE. And it helps
Quantify weight loss and mobility. 
It’s a 16 week course. 
It’s all Veterans. All old farts. 
Like me. All people who want to 
Regain some Vim and Verve. 

I want to support all programs at the VA
So maybe they’ll get more funding 
For future projects. 
You can’t send millions of people to war
And then not care for them 
when they come back. Mangled. 


Hot dog! 
Sleep like a zombie with no wine. 
No booze makes you sleep.  


I’m prowling around all day and night. 


Snack. Mostly PSMF today. 
Protein Sparing Modified Fast. 
They always use that term
Out of context. 
It doesn’t spare protein, per se. 
When I snack, or eat, it’s 90% protein. 


It’s a clinic day for the Boy. 
That’s always like 6000 steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!