05 May 2022

cinco de mayo


Dinner for Breakfast 
I bought this last night 
To eat today. 

I did a little “Elimination Study”
On myself. N=1
I eat a food, all by itself,
And see how I feel. 


Runny nose? Pounding heart?
Quick trip to the bathroom? 
Well- that means “NO!”
Don’t eat it again. Ever. 
Or eat at your own risk. 
You face the consequences. 
No matter how good it tastes. 


This meatloaf did it to me.
Runny nose, pounding heart. 
There’s something in it 
My body doesn’t like. 
A normal person would say no way! 
But us Fatties - we keep on. 
Well- not this Fatty! 
Not any more. 
Ain’t nothing worth that!
That food binge hangover ! 


There no shortage of hungry people. 
I gave my whole kitchen away
When I first started Low Carb. 






My DearSweetKind  Mother
Shows up on my newsfeed 
About this time every year. 
She died on Mother’s Day
Oh so many years ago. 


So the CBD has helped 
more than anything - for my leg. 
It’s been months since I’ve had pain. 
And maybe 8 Advil all year. 
Maybe. 


My mood is better. 
And so is my energy level. 




Sleep is better. 


Walking without problems. 

Getting ready for summer. 
The night nurse just graduated 
From medical school- so she has much debt. 
She’s motivated to work hard. 
As am I! 

Now my goals are geared towards retirement. 
I don’t plan to quit nursing. 
It won’t be that kind of retirement. 
I’ll take my Social Security late. 
At age 72. 
Before COVID, no one went 
Into Nursing to be rich. 
It was like being a teacher. 
But without the pension. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!