14 May 2022

let’s talk about risk


Headline news. 
Terra (Luna) was under-collateralized. 
The stable coin is supposed to be pegged
One to one to a US dollar. 
Theirs wasn’t. 
They were giving out money 
Several times for each dollar. 
They refused to show their work
“The Proof Of Stake” 
And they crashed. 


Plus we’re in a recession 
With 2 consecutive turn-downs
(1st and 2nd quarter)
Of the Gross National Product. 


Plus COVID. 
Plus War. 




Terra just stopped the blockchain. 
Just boom. Stopped. 


This happens. 
We need a plan. 


Lol. 


Diversify. 
Don’t put everything into one idea. 


Well?
This guy makes more money
On YouTube than he does 
In crypto. So-called experts. 



My personal plan is very conservative. 
I didn’t start until I was 60. 
So I didn’t come to the table
With lots of money. 
I inherited nothing. 
And I worked like a dog for years. 
Now comes retirement planning. 


I’ve seen and talked to many
Of my high school peers. 
They are ordinary people
Who work ordinary jobs. 
Maybe a few doctors in the bunch. 
But mostly blue collar guys. 
So-called middle class. 
I don’t think many of us will
Have to worry about dying rich. 

Maybe 25% crypto. Buy and HODL. 
25% stocks. Buy indexes and HOLD. 
25% bonds. Buy and HOLD. 
25% annuities. Buy and don’t die. 
Very little risk. 


I’m glad the market is down. 
I can buy twice as much! 
It’s like a garage sale for crypto! 
I’m not just calm. 
I’m excited! 
I’m thrilled to see this. 
I’m ready. 

I didn’t go the traditional route. 
No marriage. No kids. 
I already had my quarter-life crisis
By age 6. Get it over with. Lol. 

I already knew my purpose
On earth at age 30. 
That took a while of earnest searching. 

When I found low carb at age 50,
I realized I found my health. 

I also discovered that people 
In general- are not very smart 
But they think they are all special! 
Too many “experts” everywhere. 


Maybe retirement planning 
Is  like Low Carb. 
Very boring. 
Not much drama. 
Not much flash. 
My goal is not to get rich. 
My goal is to be healthy and travel. 

Like in the movie The Firm. 
When Tom cruise finds a loophole 
To catch the bad guys. 
It’s not sexy, but it has teeth. 
And then he went and lived his life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!