24 May 2022

good food day






Conserve all the energy you can. 


Pepper Poppers with Bacon. 




Wrapped Asparagus with Bacon 


Bit of Steak… with Bacon. 
Next week: Bacon wrapped Bacon!


Weight loss fits this. 
Weight loss is easy. 
Maintenance is hard. 






This is me… maybe 1974…
I brought this horse into the house. 
And my mother was not happy one bit. 





Fetch my robe, slippers, and pipe! 
I got a letter about an old 401k. 
From 2014. They found some money
With my name on it!  Amen! 

So one full day for resting. 
As much as I can. 
Mondays I do very little. 
Then one full day for errands. 

20 years ago, nurses had to retire
At age 70 max. 
They were shot mentally and physically.  
I see myself being fit to work
For many years past that age. 
60 is the new 40. 
Some of my blogging buddies 
Who do weight watchers or low fat
Or even lap band - they seem 
To have aged prematurely. Sad. 




2 comments:

  1. The cats! The horse in the house! The unexpected windfall! Being released from IRS scrutiny! The robe, slippers and pipe, and yay for real food! (shh, sometimes I'm wanting to eat the popcorn, the chocolate, the junk my teenagers get into in the evenings, and I scroll through blogs, read yours, and get strengthened to say NO. So thank you for writing every day, and for figuring this low carb thing out, it really helps me, because my reasoning can be quite sneaky!). But the horse in the house, oh dear...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my day every single time! Thanks so much for your kind words!
    Anne H

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!