08 May 2022

happy Mother’s Day


Cute Local Farmers Market. 
Once upon a time, they were  basic. 
And essential. 
Not high-end retail. 
This one is great! 
Fanciest thing they had was 
Duck Eggs. I got a dozen. 




Vote at the Church. 


More great sleep. 
And crazy dreams. 
I like waking up refreshed. 
It makes the next day
Sooooo much easier. 




I called my Mother on Mother’s Day 
In 2002. The Sherrif answered. 
She said my mother was gone. 
“Gone.”
She couldn’t make herself say 
She was dead. 
“Dead.”  


I always wish that moment had gone 
Easier. A fumbled delivery 
Is never good. 
I’ve given a few in my Hospice Career. 
It stays with you forever. 


Dear Mother. 
I wish you could see me now. 
I was so angry, and heavy-
I was overwhelmed and 
Overweight and Over the top. 
I was a total Bitch. A “Karen.” 

Being kind and sober
 is a much better way. 
Food sobriety. 
Money sobriety. 
Discipline sobriety. 
Energy sobriety. 
Not being a jerk- sobriety. 

Happy Mother’s Day 
To all the Moms! 


1 comment:

  1. Anne, I am so sorry you heard about your mama that way. I guess there is not an easy way to say it. But I am certain of one thing, she is proud of you, and I am too. You are an inspiration of how to figure things out, how to stick with it, love how you take good care of yourself.
    Della

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!