20 December 2022

who you know


Well. Mommy’s home. 
This little guy has Dingleberries. 
And Nurse Anne had to soak them off. 
He needs shaved. 
He looks fat, but he is solid muscle. 


My Little Guy is now fully integrated 
To tribal living. He’s no longer 
“Just My Cat”


Chest Nuts Roasting 
On an Open Fire








Ate solid food! 
Jalapeño Brats. 
They say to avoid spicy food 
When you have an ulcer. 
I say that spice brings heat and healing. 
No heartburn or reflux. 


Cole Slaw 




Today I get to have the Moist Brisket. 
It’s super fatty and has a thick crust. 
Perfect amount of salt. Dry rub. 


I had a Hot Toddy. 
Someone gave me a bottle of Jameson
Which I didn’t want to hurt their feelings 
And refuse such a fine gift! (lol) 
It’s been in my desk for a few weeks
And I’m not even tempted to drink it. 
It’s like medicine for me. 
and I got good sleep. 
The Delta9 gummies… 


So many colds. COVID still at large. 
Sick people all around. 
This could be the poster for the 
Past 3 years. 



I told the Nurse 
I need Wednesday off. 
She asked me why. 
(As if I answer to her!)
Well, it’s to have my Christmas. 
With my family of choice. 
She said NO. 


A beautiful bridge to the Real World. 






I try to do an occasional long shot. 
Still down 11 pounds. 

I am stunned by people. 
But they often don’t do what we need. 
Much less what we want. 
I’m learning to be ok 
Even if they never come to work. 
Even if they never come home. 
Even if they never clean. 
Even if they never care. 
It’s a pretty good feeling. 
I try. Then let go of the outcome. 

Try and change yourself. 
It’s not easy. 
Then you’ll understand why it’s 
Virtually impossible 
to change someone else. 



1 comment:

  1. I think the entire world should take a minute and thank the nurses working Christmas. Four of my kids are nurses (and one in nursing school), and we've had to be flexible with both Thanksgiving, and Christmas. This year one of my girls is working Christmas Eve, 12 hours...the others are now on Monday-Friday, still working Christmas Eve, but just 8 hours. I agree about working on changing yourself...and yes, that is hard...if my happiness depended on everyone around here, ugh. Especially with teenagers! I cannot believe you didn't get your preferred day off to celebrate, no fair. dang.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!