10 December 2022

learning days


Rainscapes and Fogscapes. 




This Salmon with  a spicy twist. 
The Indian/Pakistan flavors. 
I love them so. 


Egg Bites. 


I used to get up and shower (15 minutes)
Then feed the cats and scoop. (15 minutes) 
But I don’t want cat scoop poop dust 
On me to take to work- sick kids- 
Or to bed. So I scoop before the shower. 
Problem solved. 









Demonstrating to a Facebook group 
On Ehlers Danlos Syndrome 
How I’ve been sleeping lately 
All contorted. Lol. 


So yesterday I entered a doctors order. 
We chart on an electronic device. 
And it said PRN as needed. 
I took out the *as needed*.  
That’s what PRN means. 
As needed. 
The QA nurse called and asked me to 
Put it back in, and in the meanwhile,
Got so mad at me, 
She ended up screaming! 
35 minutes of being told to shut up. 
Then she says “answer me!”


I kept my cool. I was humble and sincere. 
I can’t do the drama. 
No human has the right to talk
 to me that way. 
Please stop shouting. 

30 years ago I would have quit on the spot. 
But now, no one is going to derail my plans. 
No one! Say what you will. 
I’m protected from bullying 
By policy and federal law. 


30 minutes later she called to apologize. 
That’s good. But my little patient 
Heard the whole exchange 
And sat there wide eyed, listening. 
We used it as a learning experience. 
Be bold, humble, don’t provoke,
And don’t take shit form anyone. 

At the end of the day, we reached 
An agreement! He calmed down. 
I calmed down. We started a new chapter! 
We both grew up a little yesterday. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!