07 December 2022

coyote day


No knocking the tree, Joseph 


Can’t stand to be home. 
Actually- can’t stand the commute. 
I’d rather sleep.


Food prep for kitty. 
They’re all thriving on 
raw human-grade food. 


Sitting at a stop light. 
Rainy morning. 6:40 am. 
Almost to work in the big city. 


When what to my 
wondering eyes should appear 
But a freaking coyote! 
He rushed the car!
I ran off like I had just seen a ghost. 
Nasty trash dog. Git out! 


I love love love my sleep hygiene. 
10 hours is my magic number. 


Taking care of well kids. 
Days full of slime and stories and music. 
Taking care of sick kids- 
Quiet times and  nursery rhymes 
At the bedside. 

My actual face after the coyote! 

I was called in because ironically 
I’m the only nurse that’s not sick right now!
All the other nurses are too sick to work. 
The family is sick and so is the boy
🥲


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!