27 December 2022

end of year


Looking quite Venetian 
This morning. 


From 6 years ago today.  


Lol. No change in diet
No change in activity 
Up 4 pounds literally 
Overnight. Stress. 


So my patient Little Man Dude- 
(We’ve been together 6 years)
Was acting a fool. 
You know, moaning instead of talking…
Not answering questions…
(Like are you hot or cold?)
Typical behavior that he can
Maintain for hours. Ugh. 
Well- not today. 
I went over to him, grabbed him up,
And started to sing. I sang! 
I sang every Carpenters song I know. 
He immediately was quiet
And we had the best day ever. 
Her voice - is like an angel’s. 
He had never heard her. 
We put on the Beats and went to town. 

And then I sang to the night nurse
And we sang every Carpenters song. 
And I sang all the way home. 


Most important thing. Sleep. 




Those red scrubs 
are threadbare now. Lol. 
Vanity. All is vanity. 





1 comment:

  1. I wrote this at 6 am. Didn’t get published till 6 pm. Operator Error. Lol 😂

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!