21 December 2022

early day


Ahhh my first Christmas. 
I was like a month old here. 


Damn. Wash up a little, eh? 


Polar Vortex is coming. 


Ted Fled 





















Lousy sleep. Lots of heartburn. 
I saved a little kids life 
And hurt myself in the process. 



Little kid jumped off the stairs. 
I caught him! He’s like 1st grade. 
It knocked me down and we both
Hit the deck! Then all day,
That old familiar pain of the 
Hiatal Hernia slipping… OMG 

I was already away at 3 
when the alarm went off! 





1 comment:

  1. Your mama was a pretty one, just lovely. Well, good you saved a small child, but ouch! That sounds like a bad dream! Hitting the deck is dreadful for us over-a-certain-age ladies! Hope you heal quickly, dang! I just wanted also to comment on your last post about spicy food, I've also found heartburn isn't from spicy, but from carbs! I've had curry chicken (made with coconut milk, chicken broth, and a bit of tomato paste), very spicy, two nights in a row for dinner, and no heartburn! If I had eaten the naan bread I made for the kids, I would have suffered. Here in NY, we are dreading this: losing our beautiful Christmassy snow to a few rainy days, then on Friday, the temps will drop from the 50's to the teens in a few hours, flashfreezing the roads...then 50+ mph winds, off Lake Ontario...snow! Just in time for Christmas...my daughter lives in Delaware, she's picking up my son from the airport in NJ as he arrives from Germany, hoping the weather is still good on Thursday....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!