25 August 2021

happy little goals

Freaking cat. 
Joseph the Meower. 
Got water-gunned  at 2 am. 
Housemates alarm went off at 4 am. 
He kept hitting snooze. 
And finally gave up. 

We’re all old farts.  
Going to bed at 8 and 9 pm. 
Well- I am. I value sleep. 

So many steps at the VA. 
I have to park 1/2 mile away. 
It’s a huge facility. 
If I were smart (or smarter) 
I would have applied there
When I was 30, and retired. 
From it and the Army Reserves. 
But I’m actually not that smart. 

Still digging my salads. 


Loved this Pepper Poppers


Tomato, basil, EVOO
Balsamic Vinegar and 
Homemade Mozzarella Cheese. 

Watching Moby Dick. 
I love films. 
I’m late to the world of TV and film. 

See? 
My first goal was to get through
My knee injury 
And not be afraid of dogs. 
I refuse to be afraid of anything. 


My housemate said I didn’t get the Pap Smear
Because I am afraid of the results. 
That’s his way of thinking-
Not mine. 
Nothing is farther from the truth. 

That’s like saying your girlfriend left
 because she was afraid 
Of finding True Love- 
When the truth is, she didn’t even like you. 

I didn’t get the Pap Smear
because I think it’s unnecessary.
And regardless of what they find,
I can’t take years off work
For treatment. 
Welcome to America. 

Trekkie is 5. 
She hit 88,888. 


I once wanted to travel
To be a Climate Refugee. 
But now with all the wildfires 
Climate Change, and Covid-
It’s a good time to stay put. 
The Devil you know- ya know! 

So. Goals. 
Now that summer heat
 is scheduled to reduce itself, 
My goal is to once and for all 
Lose my last 20 pounds. 
Or 10 or 15 or whatever. 
I haven’t regained
Except for when I broke my leg. 
And I lost that- and maintained 

My diet is solid. 
I need 2 things. 
More fasting. 
And less Monster drink. 
I think know the artificial sweeteners 
Are causing an insulin response. 
How do I know? 
My Blood Glucose goes DOWN 


1 comment:

  1. Wow Trekkie has travelled! Harrison, my car only has 99000 in 10 yrs, and that includes many of those PCH and back to Texas trips.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!