07 August 2021

4530 days


I’ve been doing a “keto” Version 
Of Atkins since March 2009. 
It’s Atkins, but I have mostly stayed 
close to Induction-level carbs. 
20 to 30 a day. (+/-)
12 1/2 years. 
148 months. 
4530 days ago. 
5000 days will be in November 2022. 
So I’m celebrating now! 

How many meals? 
How many choices? 
Hopefully there’s more good choices 
Than bad choices. 


I’ve stayed pretty consistent. 
Most days, I keep my form, 
And my health. 
Breaking a leg didn’t help. 
Going up to 100 carbs a day didn’t either. 
COVID certainly did not help. 
Having anemia and ulcers didn’t help. 
Break ups- moves- upheavals-
And just the stress of coping every day. 


Looking back at success! 


What DID help? 
CBD helped with pain from my knee. 
Now I can get my steps every day. 
Quitting daily wine helped with my ulcer. 
No wine - also helped with sleep. 


Apple gadgets help. 
Apple Watch for data tracking. 
And Air Buds for impeccable distraction. 
Worth every penny. 
Blogging helps. Keeps me accountable. 
Thanks everyone who reads here! 

Intermittent Fasting helps.   
Snake Juice helps for sure. 
Having something to look forward to helps as well. 
And a cat. Cats help. 


I’ve had a few regains. 
I haven’t always been perfect. 
That’s not a realistic goal, anyways. 

The largest regain was 15 or 20 pounds. 
When I broke my leg and couldn’t walk. 
And OMG the pain! Unbearable. 

All -In-All
Not bad- considering I’m 60! 

Atkins said to start again the minute 
You feel the regain. 
Don’t wait till you have 
50 pounds to lose - or more. 
Andy don’t let the regain
Stay on board more than a week
Or a month at most. 
Don’t wait till Monday. 
Don’t have one more 
“fare thee well sweet treat!” Meal. 
Don’t wait till the First of the Month.
Start now. Today. Right now! 
Close the book and make the cut. 
Be brutal! You’ll be glad you did. 

If you find something inspiring 
Here in my humble wee blog- 
I am so glad! 

Yours Truly 
Anne H
Carb Tripper! 


2 comments:

  1. I still read after all these years, sometimes daily, sometimes once a week, depends on how busy things are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh! My very first comment on my very first blog!
      I’m so glad we’re friends!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!