02 July 2022

labs 2022



I like being transparent. 
I’m very proud of my progress. 


I like to be able to show
What a healthy (and sometimes sloppy)
Low Carb Lifestyle can look like. 


My Pernicious Anemia shows up
From time to time. 


The Money Shot. 
HA1C 5.5. 
My normal range is 5.2 to 5.6
With my highest reading 5.9
One time, since starting Atkins. 

CRP C Reactive Protein
Is 4.21. Down from 7.29. 
In the hospital, my CPR was 9.2. 
If I did have COVID…
 and a bad reaction to the vaccine…
Then it’s finally coming down. 




Screenshot for a HOMA -IR calculation. 
I’m often not showing up as
NON Insulin Resistance 

I get my labs done 2 times a year. 
I use “Own Your Labs” (link)
 because they’re a great company,
With great people. 
And the price is right. 
A CBC is like $7. 
No I don’t work for them. 
Not an affiliate. 
Just a fan. 

I felt tired - exhausted. 
I couldn’t get enough sleep. 
I couldn’t push the wheelchair 
At work. 
I’m starting to get to know
What feeling anemic is like.  

So I got some Iron and 
Multi Vitamin to take. 
These labs are done after a few 
days of feeling extremely low. 


My stats:
Age 61 
13 years LC
Abou 100 pounds weight lost
And kept off! 


No a fib, no missed beats.
Good BP, good labs.


My Average Heart Rate Variability 
Better every year 


The Apple Watch lets me take
An EKG. A little high T wave? 
Take less Potassium. 


Good breathing. 
Maybe some occasional sleep apnea 
But nothing out of the norm. 


I try to walk every day. 
It’s hard since I have been 
working so many hours. 
I blame (or credit) COVID. 
That’s changing soon!


I normally range from 155 to 160. 
Sometimes lower. Sometimes higher. 
Now, I’m 160 to 165 pounds. 
I try to keep it between the lines. 
Pull my sweet tooth and 
Keep my hand out of the 
Proverbial Cookie Jar. 

Over the past 13 years 
I’ve had a few small regains. 
But not more than 15 pounds. 
For just a few months. 


I think I need more Iron and less work. 
No more heartburn since I quit wine. 
No more ulcers. 
I’ve been making a slight effort 
To fast and firm up -
Just in time for KetoCon. 


It feels like a WW2 film. 
Lots of blood and guts…
Plots and sub pots…
With a strong finish
That happily and miraculously 
Ends up all good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!