07 July 2022

vacation starts now






In -N-Out Flying Dutchman 


Yay KetoCon and 
Yay Austin! 


First, clean out the car. 
Not bad. Still, necessary. 


Then, pack. 
Get the food ready for the cats. 


Well-rested. 


So yesterday evening, 
A lady calls from 512 area code. 
Austin. 
What if it’s Keto Con? 
What if it’s Air BnB?
Better pick it up. 

It was Air BnB. 
The host had Air Conditioning 
Problems as in there is no AC. 
So we switched out…
Hurry Scurry…
But then suddenly- 
It was fixed again! 

So off we go. 
I’m not crazy about going. 
Really I hate to go anywhere. 
It’s like learned agoraphobia. 
But a mild case. 
I’m not a good project starter. 
Sometimes I MAKE myself go. 

So my brain constructs
A “Sour Grapes” scenario 
And makes it seem like it won’t be any fun. 
But inevitably - I have a blast. 
It’s odd to see 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!