03 June 2022

the scandal


The JM scandal is upsetting
To everyone who knows him. 
And everyone knows him. 
Jimmy Moore. 
Living La Vida LowCarb man. 


And you know how people like to talk. 


And eat. People like to eat. 
Junk. We like to eat junk. 
What’s not to like? 
It’s designed to be tasty. 


But you expect more from a leader. 
A self-appointed spokesman. 
If you put yourself out there,
Every day for years- 
You can expect some pushback. 
One of his last “rants” was that
He no longer feels supported 
By the Keto and LC Community. 
Well- no shit. 


He claimed to be transparent. 
And healing from his own abuse. 
From his traumatic childhood. 
How and why would he 
Allegedly be abusive to any child? 
It’s mind blogging. 
He’s innocent until proven guilty. 
But 7 counts? Extradited?
It doesn’t look good for JM. 

People who wrote books with him 
Are publicly cutting ties. 
He isn’t getting much support. 
It’s like watching an empire crumble. 


We have our very own Jared. 
I’ve been upset since I found out. 
I don’t want to believe it. 
It’s public record now. 
In case you haven’t heard,
Jimmy is being charged
7 counts of felony indecency 
With a child or children 
Age 13 to 15. 
Few details are emerging. 


This whole last month, 
Jimmy was posting junk like this. 
Crazy junk. 
Mostly shirtless. 
Silly goofy flirty odd things. 


Smirky, Code, Cutsey
And he made live videos 
Knowing he was a fugitive from justice 
With court dates 16 May. 
What was he thinking? 

Come you spirits,
That tend on mortal thoughts, 
unsex me here.
“Out damned spot-
Out! I say!”

Lady McBeth


Or him in the shower. 
Or an ice bath. 
Lots of skin. 


And his regain- he says it just 
Came back despite his best effort. 
And after all his books, his knowledge, 
And thousands of podcasts 
Books on ketosis and fasting! 
- Usually one hour-long podcast
 a day for 13 years! -
He still fails at LC. 
Inconceivable! 


Well. Here goes. *Deep breath*
I’m here to say that LC never fails
Unless you cheat. And eat carbs. 
But then again, that would NOT  be LC! 

I gain on 300 carbs a day. 
I plateau on 50 carbs a day. 
I lose on basically zero carbs. 
I’m pretty resistant. 

It’s like gaining weight while fasting. 
It’s physically and literally 
Impossible. 
No matter what people say. 

Even if you temporarily stalled, 
After 10 years of minimal effort,
You would have something to show
For your effort. 
Even a pound a month adds up. 


We all have damaged metabolism. 
We all have some trauma. 
Some - obviously more than others. 
But we all don’t regain 
All our weight and then some. 
I do believe he spent more time
As an obese man, than he did as a slender man. 
He has not been slender 
For the past several years. 


People have been roasting 
Jimmy for years. 

True observation. Not criticism. 
I’ve reached out to several Bloggers 
And we’re upside down
About how hard maintenance is. 
It’s really the challenge of a lifetime. 


But I’ve done my research. 
I trust my food choices and
I trust Atkins.
 I trust my life to Low Carb. 


My LC “Rules” :
Meat and Salad. 
Meat and Veggie. 
Any Meat. Any non-starchy Veg. 

Fast frequently for discipline 
And health and weight control. 
Most of us eat way too much food. 
Many of us can’t  process carbs
Like we did when we were kids. 
Obviously. Or we wouldn’t have this
First World Problem of Morbid Obesity. 



Also- consume moderate (not high) fat. 
I have no gallbladder 
So I never did well with the 
Keto Bombs or Sticks of Butter. 
Let your body gobble up
The fat we have on board. 
It stores up faster than we think. 


We need to be brutally honest 
With ourselves. 
We all have to look at the mirror 
And be sure of ourselves. 
And our choices. 
And our lives. 
Amen and Amen. 

If anyone wants to talk more about this
Please reach out. 
We can only speculate right now. 
But our LC group is all watching this
Unfold in real time. 
It’s like when a Blogging Friend dies. 
It’s not easy.  

Peace Out. 
Reach Out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!