12 June 2022

night out


Newsies at Casa Manana
In the lovely city of Fort Worth Texas. 


They finally brought in an 
11 member orchestra. 
Good. I didn’t want to have to 
picket them again!


Casa Mañana is a theatre
That is inside a dome-
A Bucky Ball
Made famous by Buckminster Fuller. 



The Playbill shot

Brooks even came out for it


New drummer friend 

It’s fun to hang out with Broadway people. 
To the musicians it’s just another day 
At work. To the audience- 
It’s all the reason to dress up and go out. 




I wore this same outfit the last time 
In 2015 at Casa Manana 
For Les Mis. 
I don’t think I’ve worn this since. 
The heat index was 110° today. 
So no fancy long sleeves. 


Beggar Boi



Elaine has Smoked Salmon. 
Not my cup of tea. Hard Pass. 




Bishop Arts is coming right along. 



It’s a little community 
Just north of Oak Cliff. 


Lots of food and vape shops. 
Mostly Millennials. 
And very few parking spots. 


Short night. 
That’s ok. 
I’m full of energy! 


Lots of errands. 


I’m happy happy happy
Even though the news is bad. 
BitCoin is low low low. 
Stocks, too. 
Wild ride is on the way. 
It’s probably good we couldn’t 
get another nurse to work. 
Our company has more kids
Than Nurses. 
I’m finally OK with that! 
To quote Newsies
“It’s time to seize the day!”


Off we go! 
It’s like when Ferris Buller’s sister
Finally decided to not worry so much
About if Ferris skipped school-
And just focus on her own issues. 
“Bark Less… Wag More …”

Life moves pretty fast.
Especially in the pandemic. 
Fast for us Nurses. 
(And I’m not even doing COVID cases!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!