10 June 2022

fully adjusted


I came upon this wreck, and by law,
As a healthcare provider, 
I am obligated to stop. 
Since I am an EMT and Nurse. 
(You have to be a Combat Medic
Before you can be an Army Nurse!)
But how to get to them? 
I didn’t see anyone. 
So I pulled over and called 911. 


Muggy and hot. 
We usually have at least 
100 days of 100 + degrees. 


I love my new combo of Delta 8 
And CBD. One for sleep. 
One for pain. 
And Delta 8 is legal. 
You can buy it in stores. 
So no argument. 






Cheaters never win. 
If I mess up, I get 3 pillows. 
Moral of the story:
Don’t mess up. 


It puts the lotion in its skin
Or else it gets the hose again! 
Fine. Throw down the basket.  


I have finally accepted the 
One thing I can not change. 
Carbs and I don’t get along. 
We never have. 
We never will. 
I saw a selfie and I had a black line
On the back of my neck. 
Acanthosis Nigricans. 
That means even a few carbs 
Aren’t good for me at all. 


I can’t get metabolically corrected 
To go up to even 50 carbs a day. 
Not on a regular basis. 
And gluten is bad no matter what. 
I’m ok as long as I can
Keep my hand out of the cookie jar! 


Good news for Bitcoin 


Better news. 


The Patriarch giveth. 
And the  Patriarch take the away. 
Bitcoin is a true Bipartisan project.  


Well? Buy more! 




I have also accepted the fact that 
We are in a very serious
 Nursing shortage. 
And COVID sucks. 
I’m trying to accept that this
Is the new normal. 

Kinda like inflation. 
It’s here to stay for a while. 

As far as The Scandal goes
(Big time blogger Jimmy Moore)
He apparently called for a continuance. 
Which means… what?
He needs time to gather evidence 
In his defense? 
If he’s guilty, he should admit it. 
Why ask child sexual abuse victims
To supply the burden of proof? 
He will have no audience to come back to
Even if he is found innocent 
Or can prove that he was framed. 
He did a podcast a day for years-
And his Livin La Vida Low Carb site
Has been taken down. 
That’s a shame; he had some good information. 
Senseless insanity. 










My retirement is like the dude
Who packs for vacation 
With just a backpack
 Just a few basic things. 
I don’t have kids and I don’t own a house
So no reason to complicate things. 
I find more people are choosing 
Easier options. By design. 
Or by necessity. 


I guess I thought retirement would be 
Me sitting in a chair. 
Maybe reading a book. 
I see nothing grand about that. 

Nothing is the same as it was. 
Behold- all things are new! 
How thrilling is that! 


So we keep moving forward. 
Onward and Downward! 
Day by day.
Plate by plate; meal by meal. 
And that’s ok. 

I think - for me- 
When I get stuck- 
like I was the past weeks -
I can usually trace it back to
An idea of Specialness. 
That it should be easy
Or fair. 
Life is neither easy nor fair. 
Our ego wants that. 
And at the end of the day,
That’s my real struggle:
Learning to ignore my ego. 
And all it’s tricks and games. 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!