13 April 2022

stamina day


A Spring Squall came through










Made for some beautiful skies. 








Here’s what’s good. 
On days I can’t make hamburger,
I buy and In-N-Out Flying Dutchman 
On the way home,
And take it to work the next day. 


Money - that’s what I want 
$15 a bottle wine is good. 
I used to be $10 but let’s be real, here. 
And Two Buck Chuck will rot your guts. 


$15 a day x 30 days x 12 months
X 10 years. 
And with wine, you have nothing to show for it. 
No collection, no photographs,
No memories. Just blank space. 
I’m so glad I quit! 
It’s becoming the best decision 
I ever made. 


My heart thanks me, too. 
It gets all the rest it needs. 


And so I take it for a walk every day. 
To keep it in shape. 
And happy. 


Then this happened. 
The lovely folks at the IRS audited me
For 2018. 
Yes- they can go back that far. 

Hahahahaa the jokes on the other foot! 
I redid my taxes, and I got a refund! 
They were charging me 
for not having Obama Care. 
When all that time, I was under the care
Of the VA, for better or worse-
When I just had a broken leg
(That they said wasn’t broken!)
Thanks, Uncle Sam!


1 comment:

  1. In other words, I gave myself a $2 a hour raise!
    And I don’t miss the wine. Maybe a little… sometimes… especially at first. But not so much now.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!