03 February 2022

perfection continues


It’s snowing here. 
And in Dallas, Texas, 
And that usually means ice. 
Everything is closed. 
I stayed in the loft at work. 

We seldom get the pretty snow flakes. 
Just an icy mess of sleet
4 inches thick. Car doors frozen shut. 
It rains and then freezes overnight. 


Went to the store before the ice hit.
Many steps. All for naught. 

BTW, Siri is lying. I went up 
and down stairs 3 times. 


Many empty shelves. 
Skeletonized. 


Literally no produce,
No dairy, no meat, no bread. 


I went for salad dressing. 
Literally, figuratively, and actually 
One single bottle was on the shelf. 
One. 


No carts. 
No phone no lights no motor car. 
Not a single luxury.


We’ll see if the grid holds up. 
This is just an ice storm. 
Not a polar vortex, like last year. 


No bread for the win. 


I do much much much better
With absolutely not even one bite. 
Gluten is unnecessary and disruptive. 
One bite and I have heartburn for hours. 


Avocado with lime. 


Salad with Spicy Ranch. 
The family I take care of
Is low fat, high carb,
And trusts the establishment. 
Fat Free Dressing and Canola Oils. 
Every week I bring 1000 Island 
And every week, it gets eaten. 
Hence the trip to the store. LOL. 


This family has a loft 
with a private bathroom and shower. 
It’s hard to get up and down from the floor. 
But it’s ok. 


No Covefe. 
Just Tea. But it’s Irish Breakfast Tea. 
So it’s pretty sturdy. 


This family makes food
That could please royalty. 


They’re very welcoming to guests. 
It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen. 
None of my American Western friends 
Or family have ever been half as gracious
To me as a guest. 
[This is a picture from Pinterest. 
Obviously I can’t put their pictures up.]


Snow Days right now. 
It’s good to be prepared! 
The roads in Texas are built for heat. 
So during ice storms, they close. 

I told the night nurse she 
should get ready to stay, 
but she just shrugged. 

Guess who is snowed in 
And sleeping in her scrubs!!!
Not me! Hahahaha! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!