22 February 2022

3000 posts


Yay for Atkins! 
He was certainly ahead of his time. 
50 years later, he’s still relevant. 

Yay for blogging ! 
I have published over 3,000 blog posts. 
I’m coming close to my Low Carb-a-versary! 
This is me prior to Atkins- and me last week. 
3 x scrubs to size Large. 
And I’ve maintained for nearly 13 years! 

We’ve lost many Bloggers 
Along the way. 
Obesity kills. 
May their memory be a blessing. 

Some bloggers fell off the wagon. 
Then they ate the wagon! 
I can’t imagine how it feels 
To find you’ve regained it all
And then some. 
My heart breaks for them. 
Many just gave up. 

I’m not sponsored. No affiliations. 
I make no money blogging.  
I earn my living via Nursing. 
Blogging is a unpaid hobby. 
I can’t imagine being a Low Carb Celebrity 
And having to work through the 
Dreaded Regain. It’s so public! 

I’ve met many good people 
Through Social Media. 
I have lifelong friends now. 


I’ve managed to do some traveling 
and hiking to see our beautiful 
National Parks. 
It’s possible to lose weight on vacation -
Which is how this blog started. 
Specifically with this mule-
Or was it his brother?
The mule handlers told me I was 
“TOO FAT” to ride in 2009. 


I rescued a baby cat! 
Broken legs are hard! 
I lost a baby girl. 
Hospice Nursing is hard. 


A quick look back -
A broken leg,
(Mending)
A broken heart, 
(Also mending) 
32 years of Nursing. 
(Hey- why aren’t I rich? Lol) 

I’ve learned to to avoid Debt
And learned Money Management,
And started planning for retirement. 
Some people swear debt is tied to 
Weight gain.  Could be! 


We survived a Global Pandemic. 
And the most bizarre time we will ever see
In our lives. Will it ever be done? 
I survived a Mystery Illness (12/19)
That was probably COVID 
Before it actually had a name 


I had an anemic /cardiac event,
Ulcers - and now Sobriety from wine. 
I ended up in hospital 
First time in my adult life. 
I’m am learning about CBD
And how beneficial Hemp is. 

I’ve been UP 20 pounds. 
I’ve been DOWN 20 pounds 
I gained (and lost) that twice. 
But not much more than that. 
I’m pretty consistent. 

Non-obese people gain and lose over the years. 
I think it’s just the ebb and flow of aging 
Maybe stress- and accountability. 
14 years of weighing just about every day! 


I do labs every year (or more)
They’re always great! 
My last HA1C was 5.2.

And I’ve scored ZERO on 
3 annual Cardiac Artery Calcium scans. 
That’s a perfect score, BTW. 

I take no meds at all
(Just supplements)
And put my health first! 
At my age, I’m proud of that. 
I’m 61 now. 
I try to move and walk every day. 


Diet is Key! 
When Snake Juice Fasting came to the scene, 
My weight loss clicked into place.  
Also Intermittent Fasting and OMAD. 
We watched early on, as Paleo
Took ever the podcasts. 
Then came Primal (cheese) 
Then Carnivore (meat)
And now Keto is all the rage! 
I still call my plan ATKINS. 
Although I stay close to Induction Numbers
Or I always gain. 
I can’t go above 30 to 50 carbs 
Without the belly bulge. 
I’m still trying to improve my IR
Insulin Resistance. 


My blog is dedicated to 
Dr Robert C Atkins. 
Any success I have I owe to him as well. 
I literally owe him my life. 

It works if you work it. 
So work it! 


In a few weeks,
I will have been Blogging 14 years! 
This is March 2009 and today. 
(Actually I started LC in March. 
But didn’t start to blog until May, 2009) 

So thanks to everyone who came along for the ride! 
Your support and comments 
Mean the world to me. 

Love…. Nurse Anne! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!