21 February 2022

nursing care plan


Kinda a runny nose. 
My boy patient has one too. 
But no fever. And we feel fine. 
It’s like a cough cough cold. 
Mostly snot balls. Lol. 


My watch new I was sick before I did. 
That’s amazing what they do. 


For instance. 
It tells the sleep environment 
In terms of noise vs times awake. 


Squeezing in every opportunity 
To walk, stand, move. 
Home health nurses sit a lot. 


It’s like teachers. 
We sit when we sit. 
And we stand when we stand. 
And we move a lot. 

So the kid is sick. OK. 
But when to take him in? 
Me Myself and I  
Actually pulled out the Care Plan
And read to the Mom and Dad. 

A Nursing Care Plan
Is designed to cover almost every eventuality. 
If the Pulse is over 160
If the breathing is over 60
In the temp is over 100.4 
Regardless of intervention- call. 
In 30 years of Nursing, I have never done this. 
Of course, we read it. 
But I finally got to USE it. 


Fasted all day. 
Didn’t want to wake up hungry. 
Went to In N Out after work. 
The line was like 30 minutes! 
I could have shot the cow by then. 
That’s what Boomers say when the food 
Takes a long time. 


But OMG it was the best food ever. 
This is a Flying Dutchman. 
Just Meat and Cheese. 
And in this case, Onions. 
So good - I wanted to cry. 
Food tastes better when you’re fasting. 
I ate it in my car. Tsk tsk! 


Beautiful sunset. 







A real smile. 
I’ve been having good day 
But the boy I care for is 
Well… how do I say this…
He can be a real jerk. 
It’s better if I ignore him. 
He likes to push and prank. 
Opposite Day. 

I say open your mouth. 
He closes his mouth. 
I say go “mamamama”
He’s silent. Until I give up and sit down. 
Of course then  he says 
“Mamamamama eeeeey!”

Well, we hard a Heart to Heart. 
For the 500th time. 
I think we finally are making progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!