01 February 2022

perfect month


Slept rough. 
I felt like I didn’t sleep at all. 


Walked. Went to the lake and walked. 


Yesterday’s BBQ 




Burnt Ends. 
Aka Pork Belly 


The server thought we were going to split
A meal. Hahahaha! No way! 


“My” beautiful lake 


Back in the day- kids just rode bikes
And took the bus (for a dime) 
And went where we felt like going. 


I grew up around White Rock Lake. 
And that’s my fave place to be. 
I love everything about it. 


I love my city! 
I wasn’t born in Dallas -
But I got here as soon as I could! 


Love love love the 
Dallas Arboretum and 
Little Forest Hills 


I once caught a duck at the lake
And said it followed me home. 
(I tied it up - lol) 
I was like 6 years old. 

My piano teacher was pissed! 
I had to take the darn thing back. 
Tsk tsk! 


I have only fond memories 
Of my days at Lake Highlands 
And White Rock Lake. 


Parochial School at St Johns. 
Mass every day, with us wearing
Out little plaid dresses. 


My mom said it was cheaper than day care. 
So off I went at age 5 - to 1st grade. 


A car drove through this Great Clips
And killed the stylist. 


That’s me now with wine. 
Can’t stand the very thought of it. 


Leftover BBQ Bowl. 


Tomorrow’s Dinner 
It’s splurge night! 


Today’s Salad. 

100%  on plan. 
Feels good! 






1 comment:

  1. White Rock Lake is lovely, and when it's something you loved as a child, it's extra special. You tied up the duck and said it followed you home? We did the same thing with a stray, abandoned puppy, lured it home with leftover hotdogs we took from the 'fridge, said it followed us home...my parents said we could keep it until we had the chance to bring it to the pound. ha. We had it for like ten years. You were the cutest little thing! And I get the alcohol thing...I am on vacation in Fort Lauderdale with three of my daughters, we went to a Mexican place...the tacos were grand, but I could only drink half the Margarita...I just can't do it anymore, I feel lousy, sleep lousy, it's not worth it...hey, maybe I'm finally growning up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!