18 December 2021

tums in america


Never got low enough.
I had a wee glass of Irish Cream. 
The excuse I told myself was 
That I was celebrating the holidays. 
I “celebrated” with high blood glucose, 
Inflammation, pounding heart,
Cotton mouth, reflux, and heartburn. 




Long shadows. 
It’s like 80° F in December. 
That’s too high! 


Looks like a little house in Germany. 


Roaring fire at 8 am. 


Salad with all the junk. 


This I just wanted the Sausage. 
Even a bite or two of gluten 
Makes me have to go to the 
Little Nurse’s Room.  
You know why 😉 TMI


There are literally carbs everywhere. 
Everywhere. 
And all the meds people think 
Are “normal” for GERD and Diabetes. 
Insane. That’s insane thinking. 




Showing off my new large scrubs. 
With a monthly long shot. 
Little legs. 
No ass. 
Big belly. 

My crown of honor! 
My little ingénue has gone from
Way below average-
To way way way above! 
Her reading and math abilities 
Have soared off the charts. 
They’re going to put her in the 
Gifted and Accelerated Program now. 

I showed her one time 
How to play Jingle Bells. 
She played it back perfectly. 
Singling the notes:
EEE EEE EGCDE
FFFFFEE EE
GGFDC!
And this child has never even SEEN 
A piano in her life. 
She’s almost ready for multiplication. 
She’s a Polyglot as well;
We’re learning Spanish and ASL. 
A month ago she couldn’t even 
Read PreK sight words. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!