21 December 2021

shocking day


No sips of anything. No hot toddy. 
No nothing. Perfect sleep.
And I woke up early. 


Went to the office today for a Christmas party. 
Or so I thought. 




My pediatric company paid a bonus. 
So I got me some sharp shoes. 
My collection is complete! 




These rancid oil onions gave me 
Massive Heartburn! 
Done with them. 






So the office. Christmas Party. 
Walked in to see an empty desk. 
The boss (owner ) was gone! 

She sold the company and got on a yacht
And was halfway around the world 
Before the so-called Christmas party 
Even started. Yikes! No goodbyes. 
No good luck pep talk. 
Just go down the hall
And rehire with the new company. 
And grab a cookie for yourself 
On the way out the door.  


I felt defeated for sure. 


Got rid of some hair 
To celebrate. 

And so it goes. 
Strange skies! 
Must be dreaming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!