26 December 2021

Foodie Scrooge

I had a horrible epiphany! 
I know this 
But today I FELT it. 
And it hurts! 

The Ghost of Christmas past. 
I know I would have ended up 
A size 6x - I was already in a 3x!
If I had not found Atkins. 

I never ate good food growing up. 
I guess my mother had the same realization 
When I was in junior high. 
She planted a garden, bought a freezer,
And stocked it full of beef. 

But I also worked at Sonic. 
So I ate crap, basically. 
School lunches were also crap. 
I drank cokes for breakfast. 

I ate crap through college. 
Even through the army. 
Even as a nurse. 

Then I believed that death and disease 
We’re more like wild wolves - 
Always around every corner, 
Just waiting to pounce! 

Now I believe it’s 90% choice. 
My sweet baby had Trisomy 18. 
Birth defects do happen. 
Accidents happen. 
People get diseases and viruses. 

But I’m talking about all the things we can co tell. 
We desperately need the wisdom to change. 


In the hospital, the food was pure crap. 
The coffee was good though! 


Those doctors came to my room 
Looking everywhere-like Sherlock Holmes 
Trying to find out how I made it to 60
With no disease, and no medication. 

I tell them it’s Atkins 
and Intermittent Fasting. 
I’m really as healthy as any 40 year old. 
I’m stronger s s have more endurance. 

Now I’m ready to re- commit 
And make something exquisite 
With myself. 
I’m rich- I’m health. Not money dang it!
But that’s ok. 
People with lots of money would trade 
It all to have my health. 
And I’m only half ass going Atkins! 
Im ready to be all in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!