25 December 2021

breaking the fourth wall


One nurse in Africa. 
Another nurse calls in. 
So now I get to work 7 days. 
Or rather, 14 
Because one week goes to the next. 



I said I wouldn’t do it again
But I meant not voluntarily 
And not at different or new places. 
I’m very much familiar here. 
No worries. 


My goal is to have Zero Debt
After I broke my leg
(I should be free- it’s been 5 years) 
And get serious about retirement. 

And I almost forgot! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I hope everyone is having 
A beautiful time. 


I’ve been serious about food for 13 years. 
And I have nearly perfect health. 
No major illness. 
No medicine daily. 
No health concerns 
Except that when I cheat- I gain 
But that’s what happens. 
No mystery. 


Funky Filters Continue 

My actual face after 
watching the new Cats movie 
(New this year)
And the critiques have changed my mindset. 

I live with a professional 
musical theater musician. 
And she has no tolerance for trash. 

Me on the other hand - I love trash. 
I’m like Oscar the Grouch. 
Anything dirty or rotten or rusty. 
In film, that is. 
Looking back I will say this. 
I seldom watch the musicals
That have been adapted for film. 
Except with kids. 
And now that I take care of a blind boy,
All the visual candy is gone. 
So it’s just the nuts and bolts of the movie. 

I don’t even watch movies right. 
Or read books right 
(I’ve read like 3 fiction books
since most of them suck.) 

I don’t know anything about 
Character Arcs, or building tension,
Or anything at all, actually. 
Kinda like how most people
 don’t understand food- 
And therefore health. 

I don’t know what anything is for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!