25 March 2023

what day is it?



Why- it’s Caturday, of course! 







Don’t tell mom- 
We’re not supposed to be up here. 


12 years ago, I had lost enough weight
To finally ride the mule. 
The mule that started it all. 

The mules are traditionally 
on the SouthRim of the Grand Canyon,
And I had been in the North Rim. 
They’re miles apart. 


From FaceBook memory pages. 
2 years ago, I didn’t know it, 
But I was about to be hospitalized 
For a mysterious vaccine-induced illness! 
High Troponin- a cardiac enzyme 
Was out of range by a factor of 10! 
This is “proof” that my cardiac issue
Wasn’t caused by Obesity. 
I was in great shape- but tired
From hours and hours of work. 

I’m Pro-Vax but I still know
 they can have adverse effects. 
I’m in support of Driving a Car,
But wrecks still happen. 
And I’m still Pro-Car. 
This is not a perfect world. 


A little higher resting pulse
But no concern. 


I wish for a little higher P wave 
And a lower T wave. 
I was in bed, resting when I took this. 
Purists say the Apple Watch is 
No good for EKGs 
But it’s close enough for jazz. 

I haven’t had A-Fib for years. 
No missed beats. 
I threw one PVC but that’s ok. 
It happens now and then. 


Yesterday I didn’t wear a watch. 
And still got this many steps. 
Now that it’s Spring,
I want to start walking daily. 
9 weeks till vacation!


What to do? What to do!
I could downsize my massive t-shirt collection,
But they represent my Ex BFF,
In that I stole them from from her. 


I have a closet that is 28 x 28 
Inches, mind you- 
And I have camp gear, blog gear,
Books and stuff. 
Amazon and Costco are 
great for buying in bulk,
But then you have a mountain of TP
And 25 towels. Ugh. 
First World Problems. 


I found a perfect way to blog in my series
 Deconstructing Fast Food. 
I don’t expect to have many sponsors 
Because my message goes against 
everything they stand for. 
I like to keep it simple. 
Dismantling McDonald’s
Or TacoBell isn’t going to 
Win friends or sponsorships. 


The Anonymous Mask
Of Guy Fawkes is perfect. 
We don’t hear about him in America,
Just maybe in film, or Facebook. 
He was an anarchist who rallied 
against Parliament and lost. (1605 CE)
He was executed for High Treason. 
November 5 is Guy Fawkes Day. 
All bonfires and frolicking. 

So now, back to the COVID Cleaning. 
Junk piles up, when all you do is work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!