02 March 2023

Texas Independence Day


This is the Omni hotel. 
The entire front is a LED
Light display. 
The front that faces the interstate. 


Cowboys and mythology 


An hour outside Dallas 
- To the East -
They really do talk like this, darlin’!




Somethings coming


A big ass storm is what’s coming! 
Tornadoes and rain, hail and
Probably brimstone. 

Dallas is prone to downdrafts. 
Like a vertical tornado. 
And regular tornadoes. 




All hail the Kratom King! 


They are going to hospitals and Nursing Homes 
and arresting - as in handcuffs!- 
 These fraudulent “Nurses”!
Like 7,600 nationwide. 
3000+ just in Texas. 
Operation Nightengale. 


It’s a felony to impersonate a Nurse. 
The Texas Nurse Protection Act. 
Almost all states have this. 
You just can’t go around saying you’re a nurse. 
Even a nurse aid or companion 
Can’t say the magic word “Nurse”
Without that title. 


I love love love when people 
Call me Nurse Anne. 
I never get tired of hearing it. 
“Hey Nurse Anne!”


I remember the first time it hit me
That I am actually a “real deal” nurse. 
Not a Student. Not a one day gonna be. 
I was walking down the hall
After I left a patient’s room. 
I was going to go get “the Nurse.”
And it hit me. 
I AM THE NURSE!
I’ve been gobsmaked over that
For 33 years now. 

My mother was right. 
Nursing is Recession-Proof
And Pandemic-Proof. 
Never a dull moment. 
Thanks, Mother! 
I know she’s proud of me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!