11 March 2023

14th low carb anniversary


In Colorado, they have 14ers. 
Mountains that are 14,000 feet tall. 
Climb to the top. Victory!


14 years ago this week,
I inadvertently started Atkins. 
And have been practicing ever since. 
I never looked back. 


I was 48 going on 80. 
I wore Men’s pants 48 waist. 
Women’s top 28. 
I didn’t get a starting weight 
Because I wasn’t planning on dieting. 
I wore a 3x Scrub. 
Probably 250?  I’m 5’2”. 


Then came that fateful (happy) snowstorm. 
I was snowed in - in a tiny fishing lodge 
In the North Rim of the Grand Canyon 
And there I stayed for days! 


Nothing to eat but Hard Boiled Eggs. 
Nothing to drink but melted snow tea. 

Eventually the power came back 
And I had about 10 days of Atkins Induction. 
Soon after, I started this blog. 


And here is today. 
I’m 62 years old and feel better than 
When I was 30!


I now wear a medium to large scrub. 
Men’s pants 36 waist. 
(Same as when I was in the army) 
I’m off wine, fairly clean eating,


I’m strong and healthy 
Reasonably so…
I take iron for anemia,
And now CBD and Kratom
For pain (broken knee). 

I’ve had COVID, 
And the vaccine (s)
Really messed me up! 
My Hospital stay was a 
life-changing experience. 
I overcame all the obstacles. 
Off PPI. No more ulcers. 
Which came from daily Advil+Wine. 
Turns out that’s not a good combination!
So I quit them both. 
😜 

I’ve had no flare ups since
 being home from the hospital. 


Many of our Original Bloggers
Have died. Many more just quit. 
Many of us are just blogging along! 

This post is dedicated to those we’ve lost. 
True friends. We’re like a bunch of 
Old Drunks, just trying to stay above water 
And make the changes. Do the work. 
Always ready to drop everything and 
Help a friend in need. 
Katie J (Katie J Is On Her away)
Loretta Retta Kat 
Sean Anderson (Daily Dairy of a Winning Loser) 
And Garret (Stages of Change) 
May you rest in Peace and Power. 


I’m certainly not perfect. 
I’ve been up -and down- 15 pounds 
Now and then. It shows on me 
Since I’m so short. 


Broken legs. Broken hearts. 
Family changes. Housing changes. 
And my baby. He’s adopted. 
But I love him like he’s my own. Lol. 


Thanks to everyone who supported me 
And followed me through this happy journey. 
I couldn’t have done it without your 
Friendship and support! 

Anne H Carb Tripper! 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!