10 March 2023

spy nurse


My first day off,
I do as little as possible. 
That’s probably a mistake. 
Too much to do. 
Not enough time as it is. 
I squander a lot of time. 


I’m heartbroken over what COVID 
Has done (is doing) to Nursing. 
I think I have burnout. 
I’m so mad- yes, mad…
And I don’t know why! 


No bones for the baby. 
They’re fiends. 


So this is what we have. 
On the anniversary of my LC
I’m eating pork rinds and fake cheese. 
It was pretty good, actually. 


I miss wine sometimes 
But the smell makes me gag. 








Why we still argue about this 
Is one of the things I’ll never understand. 


Still they fight. 
About eating 100s of grams of carbs a day. 
That’s one difference between a
20 year old male athlete 
and a 60 years old 
Formerly obese woman. 


Almost healed. No infection. 
No inflammation. 


I’m really slow when it comes to 
Adding up obvious things. 
Most everyone already knows. 
But sometimes there are more levels. 
More to the story. 

A few months ago, I trained a nurse 
Who said she was a new grad. 
But she knew too much to be a new grad. 
She behaved like a experienced nurse. 
Now, looking back, I wonder if she was
Actually an undercover nurse “spy”
Who was getting information about
The fake diplomas they were selling 
In Florida. 2 of our nurses got a degree
From Florida. But neither of them 
Could pass the boards. 
And they’re both from Nigeria 


Which also explains why 
we were never paired together again. 
I think she thinks I was on the 
verge of figuring it out. 
If so - how thrilling! 
Help to catch a crook. 
On about 8,000 of them. 

I found my mind wandering 
(And wondering) 
About retiring. I was going to 
“never” retire. But I thinks that’s 
Just bullshit. I can’t wait to leave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!