16 November 2022

zen cat


This is my goal. 
To just be aware of my ego
And train myself to ignore it. 
And make a better way. 
Focus on something more True. 
Less corruptible. 


I’m definitely attached to the outcome
Of many things. 


Which is a pity. 
Because I control nothing. 
And yet… a bad outcome
Would generally send me into a funk. 


Well, that approach makes no sense. 
It’s not logical. Not rational. 
Do we just hope for the best? 
Hope other people just suddenly 
And always do right? Ha! 


Please help me understand hoomans 
For what they are. 
And what they are not. 
Which is a substitute for …
Devine? Truth? God? 




Except when they are assholes. 
And maybe even then. 


There are many grumpy people out there. 
I think they’re lost. And unhappy. 


So I’m trying to be very zen

Kiddo (sick patient) won’t take his meds. 
Fights me at literally every turn. 
Ok. We’ll try again. 
Redirect. Re-approach. 
No meds? No problem. 
Can’t fight you to make you take it. 

Housemate goes into the bathroom 
When I’m getting ready? 
Ok. We’ll come back. 
Get ready in my room. 
Is he really a saboteur? 
Or just an inconsiderate dude?

People think I’m stupid? 
Always man-splaining simple words to me. 
Like “paradigm.”  *ummm yeah*
Or reminding me of who a famous person 
Is when they make the news. 
Someone every knows. 
[Example. Monica Lewinsky. 
Remember? She was with Clinton?]
Ok. I can’t help what they think. 
And yes - I know who she is. Duh. 
They think I’m not very smart. 
Possibly inept. *blinks*

Cats loose in the house? 
Ok. We’ll trick them with treats.  
Cat rustling. Try it sometime. 
Probably not easy. Cats are liquid. 

People think I stand in the hall 
At midnight - hysterically screaming?
Over nothing? Over cats? 
Alien abduction? Ghosts? 
Delirium Tremons? Phantoms?
If the legend continues, 
I’ll soon be describes as being 10 feet tall
And lightning bolts come 
out of my arse when I talk. 
Let it go. 


From A Course In Miracles
Chapter 18 The Passing Of The Dream. 
Let is all go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!