03 November 2022

girls day


Too fancy. Arugula. 
*spits out arugula*
This came from yesterdays 
Uber Eats order. 
I would rather fast than eat this. 


If I lived at work,
I would weigh 300 pounds. 
I just can’t do the rice and spice. 
The rice and yogurt helps the spice. 
It’s so hot I can’t eat it alone. 

Rice is a grain. It’s a grass. 
People don’t do well with grasses. 
The old grandad is having foot problems. 
So many foot problems with 
Diabetes- still eating high carbs. 


I love these. 
I haven’t had them since like 2002. 
I had more than a few this week. 
And then I experienced my first ever 
“Tummy Ache.”  
Can excessive food consumption 
give you a food hangover? 
Is that the “cut off” signal? 

By the way… 3 of Bob’s Sugar Stripes
Candy has 15 carbs. So about 5 carbs 
EACH small piece. Too rich for my blood! 


Slow brew tea- overnight. 
I have much more tea -than Covefe. 
Coffee is pretty famous 
For giving heartburn and acid reflux. 
Even with cream. 


Cultures with big families 
Know and love all the family. 
All the sisters, aunts, cousins etc. 
They come and stay for 
Literally months at a time. 
That’s just what they do. 
Very Trans-Atlantic. 
I can only imagine all the food
That is going to be cooked soon. 

Better get my mind right. 
No excuses. 
Walking. Up early. 
Maybe the gym! 
It won’t be crowded at 5 am. 
Planet fitness has new Red Light
Therapy machines. 


Cool nights, good for sleep. 
I take my CBD on the way home. 
I’ve had very little knee pain. 


November cometh! 
No war on Christmas. 










Lol Dad Jokes. 



The wonderful Doctors at the VA
Can NOT believe they found 
A person “like me”. No meds. 
No disabling disease or condition. 
Nothing debilitating. 

The Docs all call me and just chat. 
What do I eat? What do I avoid? 
It’s really a 1970s mentality 
(Peace, Love, Rock and Roll)
with a 1950s food menu. 
(Meat, veggies, few treats)

So as part of a “package deal”
I agreed to be tested. Inside and out. 
Pap smear, pelvic, mammogram. 
Most of which I’ve ignored 
For the past 30 years. 
So todays the mammogram. 

The logic I used wasn’t me
Being neglectful. Much of medical 
Procedures of the past 30 years, 
Are like from 1950. Not much progress. 
Kinda crude and not effective. 
Many people are sicker from treatment 
Than they were with the disease. 

Plus I have no one to help at home. 
I can’t take 2 years off for chemo. 
So no matter what they find, 
I would not have been getting treated. 
Here in America, that’s pretty common. 

So. I’m tumor free. No infections. 
Plus, I have a perfect heart score. 
They think I’m lucky. 
I think it’s low carb! 




2 comments:

  1. Anne, I love that the docs are so impressed! I think it's low carb too. I'm not superstitious, just a LITTLE stitious, ha, but I am cautious in saying that I'm 57, and not on any meds. I take magnesium, potassium, zinc, quercetin, fish oil, vitamins D + K2, and that is it. I laughed at the striped candy...I cleaned out my pantry yesterday and found an open bag of those: danger! When I'm doing well, I feel immune, then oops, accidentally eat a handful of Hershey Kisses...dang. It goes to sleep, but it never dies, the beast of sugar cravings...:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!